||This article with all titles and tags is the main content of TorrentBoss. All rights reserved. To repost or reproduce, you must add a clear footnote with the URL to this article!
||Any manual or automated complete website collection / crawling behavior is strictly prohibited.
||Any resources shared on TorrentBoss are limited to personal study and research only, any commercial conduct is strictly prohibited. Otherwise, you may get various types of copyright complaints and you have to deal with them yourself
||Before using (especially downloading) any resources shared by TorrentBoss, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page first. Otherwise, please bear all the consequences yourself.
||This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
As is well known, severe network blockades and censorship (e.g. GFW Founded in 1998) has spawned numerous excellent proxy software from China, including but not limited to: Freegate, UltraSurf, SoftEther VPN, GoAgent, Shadowsocks, Cows, Lanterns, and more. Among them, Shadosox (AKA: 影 梭) is a free, open source, cross-platform, encrypted and secure small proxy project from China. Uses it SOCKS5 Proxy protocol (similar to SSH tunnel), And moves very, very fast. In China and many other countries, it is widely used to break Internet blockades and censorship, such as GFW, and to access annoying, blocked or protected web sites and web services around the world, such as Google, YouTube, Facebook / Twitter, and more.
Shadowsocks’s operating policy is basically the same as other types (HTTP, Socks, VPN, SSH) proxy tools. That is, it needs to use a specific transit server to complete data transmission. However, in contrast to an SSH tunnel (based on RSA Encryption technology, but when creating a tunnel with more obvious features that can be captured and used by GFW), Shadowscos can also be a proxy UDP Traffic on the other hand, cannot replace Shadowsocks TLS Or VPN, because it is basically a network agency protocol set with an access password. As a result, it cannot be used as an anonymous communication solution. But compared to traditional VPN proxy methods, Shadowsocks supports PAC (Automatic proxy configuration) List. This means that it allows the proxy to be changed intelligently according to the rules added to the PAC, thus taking into account both the speed of access and the efficiency of access.
On the physical plane, Shadowsocks has to bypass the Internet firewall using an oversea server as a springboard – first, Shadowsocks sets up an encrypted channel between the user and the proxy server; Next, the foreign agent requests for the expected blocked Internet resources; Ultimately it returns these resources to the user through encrypted channels. At the technical level, Shadowsocks uses a variety of encryption methods to effectively encrypt Internet transmission by encrypting data transmission – Shadowsocks uses a variety of encryption methods to secure communication between clients and servers, then goes through GFW as ordinary TCP packets, without any obvious GFW features. Can easily decrypt and analyze.
Shadowsocks provides both client and server applications. That means you can buy foreign VPS hosting and create your own proxy server. To do this, you must first set up the server side of ShadowSock on one or more of your VPS hosts (including setting server IP, server port, local port, password, timeout, encryption method, etc.), then use ShadowSock’s client app. To connect to your server end to create. After successfully connecting to the server, the client will create a local Socks5 agent on the user’s computer. That way, when you surf the Internet, your network traffic will be turned into a local Socks5 agent, and then sent to the server after being encrypted by the client. The server then transfers your desired Internet data traffic back to your client using the same encryption method. It enables indirect network communication and data exchange between proxy clients and proxy servers created by Shadowsocks.
In the end, if you find that connection speeds using the easy-to-use SSH tunneling method to avoid Internet censorship may not be satisfactory, and feel that the security of Freegate and UltraSurf is not guaranteed, you are not willing to. To withstand the low durability of Lantern and SoftEther VPN. In this case, ShadowSock will be the most stable, fastest and most hidden way to bypass the Internet censorship that currently exists in many countries.
// Key Features //
- System proxy configuration
- PAC mode and global mode
- GFWList And user rules
- Supports HTTP proxies
- The server supports automatic switching
- Supports UDP relay (see usage)
- Plugin support
// Required for system //
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2+
// Easy tutorial //
- Buy a cheap, low-power VPS outside the blockage area (shared hosting is inadequate, and dedicated servers are very wasteful)
- Install and configure the Shadowsocks server on this VPS online (you should avoid using the default 8388 port)
- Download and configure the Shadowsocks client on your preferred PC (you better not use the default 1080 port) to connect to your own Shadowsocks server
- This is the end
// advice //
- If you do not use the default encryption algorithm or port (less than 25 may be better), the success rate for setting up a Shadowsocks proxy server may be much higher.
- Find the Shadowsocks icon in the notification tray
- You can add multiple servers to the Servers menu
Enable System Proxy Menu to enable system proxy. Please disable other proxy add-ons in your browser, or set them to use system proxies
- If you do not want to enable system proxy, you can manually configure your browser proxy. Set to Socks5 or HTTP Proxy 127.0.0.1:1080. You can change this port
Servers -> Edit Servers
- You can change the PAC rules by editing the PAC file. When you save a PAC file with an editor, Shadowsocks will automatically notify the browser of changes
- You can also update PAC files from GFWList (Operated by a third party)
- You can use the online PAC URL
- For UDP, you need to use SocksCap or ProxyCap to force the programs you want to proxy in the tunnel over ShadowsX
// prompt //
- In the general case, only software that supports Socks5 can use Shadowsocks-based proxy servers.
- Don’t look at GFW, it’s becoming more and more powerful and more intelligent – especially with AI and big data.
- Both CentOS and Ubuntu are working fine, neither is good.
- If the default encryption algorithm “aes-256-cfb“Doesn’t work, use”bf-cfb“Instead
- After editing the local PAC file, you need to restart Shadowsocks to make it work
// Related Links //
// Download URL //
(Homepage | GitHub)
||If some download link is missing, and you need it, please send us an email (including post link and missing link) to remind us to re-upload the missing file for you. And, give us some time to respond.
||If there is a password for an archive, it should be “appnee.com”.
||Most saved downloads (including the 32-bit version) may be requested for re-upload via email.